Monday, March 28, 2011
I am a big Electronica fan. Here is an oldie from Kraftwerk for your Retro enjoyment.
The only RPG danger to this tune is if your security 'Droids start rebelling against you while you are in Jump Space during a Traveller session ;)
I had a Scout character that eventually had enough credits to get some robots for his ship. These were created according to the system in an article that is found in Dragon magazine #64. They never made me feel more secure as a player or character, because I figured the Referee would have them go whacky on me or something (which never happened). They did chase off a Revenue Agent once, so they paid for themselves :D
The Scout had a great career as a Deep Space Explorer and got into lots of trouble with the Imperium and with a few new alien races he discovered. Somehow, the Scout always managed to get out of trouble (if even just barely!). His high jinx ways probably cost him more Credits than they were worth, what with all of the crashed ships, fines and lost cargo, etc., but he was fun to play... and that is what Retro is all about!
Check out How To Survive a Robot Uprising if you need tips and dealing with unruly machines that want mechanical rights.
[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="262" caption="Click image for book info"][/caption]
Posted by Sylvaeon at 2:00 AM
- 30 Odd Random Inns, Taverns and Sundry Establishme...
- I am a big Electronica fan...
- Jeff Rients & Sir Larkin's Order of the d30 idea ...
- Doing this blog makes me think a lot about the pas...
- ~25th March is Tolkien Reading Day! Tolkien Readin...
- [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjiK-e1oXd...
- I was very much intrigued by the Save or Die! Podc...
- Weird encounter chart I made for The Order of the ...
- ▼ March (9)